Mazuri Insectivore Diet is designed to simulate the high protein, high fiber diet of insectivorous animals. It has been tested in a wide range of mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians as a replacement for all or some of the insect component of the diet..
• Feed to insectivores at a rate of at least 50% of their daily dry matter intake. Feed intake will vary based on animal body size and life stage, level of activity and environmental temperature.
1. Initially, soaking the extruded Mazuri Insectivore Diet in water (2 parts water:1 part dry diet) may help to transition animals that are used to soft/moist diets.
2. After 1-2 weeks on soaked diet, move to 1 part water: 1 part dry diet, and 1-2 weeks later, offer dry diet.
• If moistened, replace diet twice a day.
• If feeding live insects to the animal, ensure the insects are gut loaded prior to feeding out.
THIS DIET MAY CONTAIN EXCESSIVE IRON FOR SPECIES THAT ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO IRON STORAGE DISEASE, LIKE HORNBILLS.
- Designed to be complete and balanced for insectivores – No supplementation necessary.
- Highly fortified – May be fed with fruits, greens, etc.
- Contains fish oil – Rich source of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids. Contains high fiber – Helps simulate the chitin component of the insectivore’s diet. Contains taurine – At levels that meet recommendations for carnivores.
- Always Fresh! 20 Ounces In A Resealable Black Mylar Pouch With Freshness Valve.