The Embark Dog DNA Test tells you more than you ever thought possible about your dog. The test tracks about 200,000 genetic markers, offering breed identification as well as key insights into genetic disease risk and heritable traits. Until recently, a conscientious dog owner who wanted to know if their dog was at risk for genetic diseases had to research their dog’s breed (if they knew it) and run several tests through multiple labs for many hundreds of dollars. Now, Embark tests for 160+ genetic conditions all on a single platform, enabling dog owners to better understand their dog’s health, plan for their future, and provide the most personalized care possible. Embark provides you with a comprehensive look at your dog’s genetic makeup. You can then use the information to make the best choices about your pup’s health, diet, exercise, and overall wellness. You’ll understand your dog better, perhaps unlock your mutt’s hidden talents, and have some good fun in the process! Unlike products currently on the market, Embark goes beyond breed identification and explains why a dog looks, sheds, and plays the way it does. As the company uncovers new genetic disease markers, Embark will retroactively update your results where feasible, giving you life-long insight and discovery. Dogs are more likely to be affected with a genetic disease than their human companions. Embark looks at mutations that occur in each breed in your dog to determine if he or she is at risk of developing a genetic disease. This information is provided to owners as a Vet Report, designed specifically for owners to bring to their vets to help guide healthcare decisions. Knowing a dog’s genetic predisposition for a disease can help owners take precautionary measures and know early warning signs to watch for. This way you can avoid costly veterinary bills, like $1000 for an emergency overnight stay at a veterinary hospital.
- BREED DISCOVERY: With a simple cheek swab, Embark uses the most accurate breed identification scientifically possible. The Embark Dog DNA Test Kit tests for over 175 dog breeds, even wolf, coyote, and village dog ancestry. Together these breeds cover over 98% of canines in America.
- GENETIC ANCESTRY: The Embark Dog DNA Test can tell you the maternal and paternal group that your dog has in his or her ancestry back to great grandparents. See how closely your dog resembles other Embark dogs with the same gene traits, even if their breed mix is different!
- HEALTHY AGING: Embark tests for over 160 diseases. With our comprehensive genetic testing, you can better plan for healthy aging, with information on everything from genetic diseases to drug sensitivities. Keep your dog healthy longer by testing for genetic diseases that occur later in life including glaucoma, degenerative myelopathy, and dilated cardiomyopathy, three of the most common adult onset diseases in dogs.
- RESULTS: Built by experts, Embark is partnered with Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine; is certified by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals; and is trusted by professional dog breeders and veterinary hospitals. With over 20 times more genetic information than any other test on the market, the Embark DNA test gives you the most comprehensive picture of your dog’s genetic health and ancestry.
- TRAITS: Embark results will tell you information on traits that range from coat color to altitude adaptation. Where other tests just tell you the breeds in your dog, Embark looks at the genetic basis of appearance to explain why your dog looks the way it does.