Caring for your reptile or amphibian doesn’t just stop by providing them with good nutrition, it also means giving them the kind of environment where they can live comfortably. This also entails choosing the right substrate for their terrariums whose most basic function should be to absorb waste produced by your pets. As these substrates can be ingested by your dear pets, it can cause impactions and blockages which can be very harmful for them. With this in mind, one must be very careful in choosing what is right for your beloved pets. The 2 Pcs Coconut Substrate by SunGrow is made from all natural coconut husk and serves as an ideal bedding for your burrowing animal pets.
Each compressed coconut fiber brick weighs around 1.5 pound and expands into an excellent substrate when placed in water. Please give it time to fully expand and settle before use. It might cause irritations to your amphibians and may spoil if saturated with water for extended periods.
It can last long as it is not required to replace often. It has a capacity to hold moisture well and doesn’t spoil easily. Since this is free from bacteria and most fungal spores, it is non-toxic and safe even if it’s swallowed. You can also create a good substrate blend once you mix this with other components such as sphagnum moss, sand or soil.
Create a more realistic habitat when you purchase this together with Natural Looking Reptile Plants.
- ✔ GIVE A FEELING OF THE WILD TO YOUR PETS IN TERRARIUM — As we aim for our pets to live comfortably in an environment we create for them, we want this to be as close as their natural habitat. The 2 Coconut Substrate Bricks by SunGrow comes handy to create a naturalistic environment for burrowing animals like reptiles, amphibians, small animals and insects. It effectively absorbs the waste produced by your pets without causing harm even when ingested.
- ✔ GREAT SUPPORT FOR REPRODUCTION — Comes in a pack of 2, each block of coconut fiber weighs around 23 ounce and can be used as bedding with its natural moisture of below 15%. It can hold and maintain moisture as well which is also great for incubation of eggs.
- ✔ USE WET OR DRY — This compressed 8″(length) x 2″(width) x 4″(height) fiber block when used as wet can serve as a tropical dwelling substrate. it can also be a perfect substrate for desert terrarium settings when used as dry.
- ✔ BREAKS DOWN ODOR & WASTE PRODUCTS — Once placed inside the terrariums, these husks of coconuts increase humidity and can naturally breaks down foul odors and waste products.
- ✔ALL NATURAL & ECO-FRIENDLY — This 100% organic substrate is also free from bacteria and most fungal spores. Made from renewable source of coconut husk, it is also produced without the environmental damage caused by peat mining. Odorless & non-toxic, this is completely safe once ingested.